Vibrant Life Publishing, Inc., 11/2007 – Present
Third-party publishing solutions for the Natural Health Industry
- Write and publish booklets on cutting-edge nutritional supplements. Total circulation: 10+ million copies.
- Hallmarks include Phosphatidylserine, now in its fifth reprint; and Pycnogenol, which doubled sales of that supplement within 60 days.
- Produced Rx Complement magazine, a 100,000+ circ. custom publication focusing on nutrition distributed in holistic health professionals’ offices.
Crowning Achievement: Wrote and published an educational piece that was directly associated with $3+ million in new sales for one cutting-edge nutritional supplement.
Apollo Press, Inc., 11/2007 – Present
Marketing communications consulting for the Nutritional Supplement Industry
- Advance corporate goals and develop sales force by writing Healthy Happenings and Healthy Sales newsletters for Vitamin World Sales Associates.
- Supercharge supplement sales by creating product copy, website content and more for industry leaders including Puritan’s Pride, Vitamin World and Nature’s Plus.
- Helped re-brand and reinvent Physiologics doctors’ supplement line by writing Art of Nutrition quality brochure, sell sheets and condition-specific supplement guides.
Natural Organics, Inc., 10/2003 – 11/2007
Executive Editor, Energy Times magazine(11/2006 – 11/2007)
- Directed editorial content for a natural health magazine with 525,000 circulation.
- Brainstormed fresh editorial calendars with creative, intriguing story concepts – all while promoting timely subject matter that boosted new product sales.
- Answered request for celebrity-oriented content by securing interviews with Alec Baldwin, Ed Begley Jr., Mariel Hemingway, Jane Seymour and Michael Chiarello.
- Overall success of magazine’s new editorial vision realized in steadily rising advertising revenue over the course of my leadership.
Lead Copywriter/Creative Specialist (10/2003 – Present (freelance))
- Directed all copy creation as a Department of One, coordinating with Founder, President, Vice Presidents and Managers. Roles and duties included the following:
- Advertising Group: Created compelling copy for print ads published in national magazines including Women’s Health, Body & Soul and Vegetarian Times.
- Research and Development: Wrote product content including brochures, pamphlets, web copy, textbook chapters, tag lines, slogans and shelf talkers.
- Marketing: Developed new product marketing direction. Generated all trade and consumer promotional materials and press releases for new product launches.
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, New York, 1996
Bachelor of Arts in English